We were talking motherhood and well being on the webinar this evening.
The ladies acknowledged that life can be busy and hectic but taking time out to recharge is important. We also acknowledged that as diaspora parents, lack of extended family support is a massive challenge.
Some of the comments from the attendees:
” Know that you do not love your family if your do not look after yourself. Who is going to take care of them if you burn out?”
“Don’t give ashes to your family when you have burnt out”
Remember what they tell you on the plane in case of emergency???
“Put the oxygen mask on yourself first before you put it on your child”.
Strategies used by some of the moms in enhancing their well being.
‘-Me time’ at the swimming pool as well as reading and listening to biblical podcasts.
-Exercising together as family, thereby being a role model and looking after our health.
-Praying alone and with other ladies. Being willing to be open and vulnerable with other mothers about our challenges.
– Building and maintaining a social network.
– Learn and be prepared for the seasons of life. For example unplanned pregnancies potentially may cause a strain on role transition into motherhood.
– Learning from other moms from all age groups and of different seasons.
– Looking to God for counsel and wisdom.
– Empower the older children to help with younger siblings with activities around the house.
-Getting hubby or significant other to help with childcare whilst I attend to ‘me’.
– A bath soak with candles, oils and a book is always a good easy treat.
-Platforms such this webinar, to come and learn together, building our own online village.
How do you unwind? What strategies have you seen or heard that are helpful? Would love to hear from you. xxx
Seed of Hope 💕💕